PONANT has organised the following included programme for you, which starts the day prior to embarkation.
The day before embarkation – Buenos Aires
- Transfer from Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires, Argentina, to the Hotel Madero (or similar).
- Meet and greet at the hotel and hospitality desk. Check-in from late morning.
- Lunch and dinner on your own, and time at leisure in the afternoon.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Embarkation Day – Buenos Aires/Ushuaia
Early morning breakfast at the hotel.
Transfer to the airport.
Flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia selected by PONANT in economy class. Approximate flight duration: 3 hours, 30 minutes.
Meet and greet at the airport in Ushuaia.
Immediately upon arrival at Ushuaia airport, you will depart for Tierra del Fuego National Park.
Created in 1960, the Park, which covers 155,670 acres, is located in the southwest of Tierra del Fuego Province on the Beagle Canal. One of its entry points is about six miles from Ushuaia.
Mountainous landscapes, lagoons, bogs, and rivers create a picturesque scenery reinforced by the southern position of the park itself. The Darwin Mountains, which represent the southern part of the Andes Mountains, are mainly responsible for the landscape. The Park is only partly accessible to the public, and this tour will provide you with the opportunity to discover the local flora and sub-Antarctic landscapes. If you are lucky, you may encounter beavers, dams, birds, wild orchids, and more. This is a true paradise for nature lovers!
Lunch will be served in a local restaurant within the Park.
At the end of your visit, you will return to the port in Ushuaia to embark the ship.
- 10-night cruise on board Le Lyrial -
Disembarkation Day – Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
Meet and greet at the port.
Transfer to the airport and check-in to the flight Ushuaia/Buenos Aires selected by PONANT in economy class. Approximate flight duration: 3 hours, 30 minutes.
Your programme includes:
- A program of onboard enrichment provided by two Smithsonian Journeys Experts.
- 1-night accommodation at the Hotel Madero (or similar) the night before embarkation.
- Early check-in available from late morning.
- Hospitality desk at the hotel.
- Round-trip flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia/Buenos Aires selected by PONANT, in economy class.
- Excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park by coach, including entrance fees.
- Services of English speaking guides during the excursion.
- Meals as mentioned in the programme.
- Transfers as mentioned in the programme.
Your programme does not include:
- Other meals and services not mentioned in the programme.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, etc.)
- The local currency is the Argentinian Peso. You will be able to make most of your purchases in USD (in small denominations) or by credit card, which is accepted in most hotels, shopping centers, and boutiques. You will also be able to retrieve Pesos from ATMs.
- Summer season in Buenos Aires: Temperatures may be very hot but are often between 68 °F (20 °C) and 95 °F (35 °C).
- Summer season in Ushuaia: Temperatures vary between 41 °F (5 °C) and 65 °F (15 °C).
- We recommend you wear warm clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- This voyage is offered on a space available basis.
Programme is subject to change.
To learn your PONANT flight schedule, please contact your cruise advisor; it is also indicated on your electronic ticket included in your travel documents.